Restoring missing data
As mentioned earlier this year, our Sentinel data offer will be limited in time and region (read more). Unfortunately, while implementing this data retention policy, a technical error occurred which led to the removal of more data than foreseen.
- TOC (Top of canopy), CCC (Canopy Chlorophyl Content), CWC (Canopy Water Content), LAI (Leaf Area Index)
100 x 100 km2 tiles above Belgium, data missing dates back to the period 2015-2019 (newer data is still available)
- NDVI (Normalized Differential Vegetation Index), FAPAR (Fraction of Absorbed Photosynthetically Active Radiation), FCOVER (Fraction of Vegetation Cover) over:
Europe: an area covering the Benelux and parts of Germany and France
Africa: all tiles covering Burundi, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo
A total of 50 052 tiles, mostly from 2019 and 2020, are missing.
We are currently addressing this issue with a high priority and the data will be restored as soon as possible in this order:
- Data above Belgium, in reverse order (youngest data first)
- Data above Europe, in reverse order
- All other data, in reverse order
We expect that all data will be available again by the end of September, 2022. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you have any other questions or concerns, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.