EO data exploration and analysis platform
In the EO4GEO project we develop an innovative strategy for skills development and capacity building in the EO/GI field. The Terrascope platform supports this by providing interactive tools that gives basic insights into the Earth observation world, as well as offering a cloud based environment where students can work on specific scenarios that require earth observation skills.
For the Terrascope tools that require you to log in as a user, you can use EduGain single sign-in.
Terrascope tools & web services
The main tools provided by the Terrascope platform are:
- Jupyter notebooks are well known and can be used both for building assignments where students need to program, as building interactive dashboards.
- Virtual research environment allows students and teachers to obtain a pre-configured virtual machine, with direct access to all tools and data needed for a particular exercise.
- The Terrascope viewer, which allows visual data browsing and export. A student can compare images or create animations with a few clicks.
- OpenEO, which provides you a standardized API for processing EO data, also included in PROBA-V MEP/Terrascope environment.
Linking with learning management systems
Educational institutions use a variety of learning management systems to publish course material and track student progress. To support this variety, EO4GEO tests integration with these systems:
To create portable, interactive, content, we rely on the H5P standard. Click here to check some example widgets to get an idea of what is possible.
EO4GEO online training
Use this online EO4GEO training to learn how you can easily access satellite data and web services via the Terrascope platform. This course will get you started and give more information on how to integrate with the software applications you are already using.
- How to access the data and web services on Terrascope?
- Getting started with Analysis Ready Data
- Downloading data using Terrascope Viewer, OpenSearch Catalogue, web services or the time series service
- Accessing data using the virtual research environment
EO4GEO online training
Via this application-oriented EO4GEO training you will discover how to get started in order to develop your own applications via the Terrascope platform.
- How to develop applications via Terrascope
- Getting started with the Virtual Environments
- Accessing Terrascope Notebooks
- Interactive Exercise on Phenology Use Case