Webinar recording: Simplifying EO data processing with openEO
In this webinar we introduced openEO, a new approach to work with Earth Observation data and showcase it in the Terrascope platform. We explained how openEO enables access to big Earth observation processing services in the cloud in a simple and unified way. openEO decouples the concerns of the end users from the complexity and big data challenges of the computing backend. The standardized openEO API that sits in between brings many benefits for both the end user and data/processing provider.
The standardized openEO API also allows you to easily switch between different providers or backends, benefitting from the uniform approach in data discovery, data cube processing, batch job management, etc. The openEO API and client libraries also allow easy integration of your processing workflow in other applications and it streamlines the move from experiment to production.
Webinar 30 March 2021
Simplifying EO data processing with openEO
What is openEO and how can openEO simplify your data processing workflows
Introduction of the openEO Python (client) library and how it wraps the openEO API
Demo of openEO on the Terrascope platform including operational use cases, mainly using the openEO Python library
- Target audience: Earth observation data scientists interested in big Earth observation datasets and image processing. The demos and examples will focus on the openEO Python client library in a Jupyter notebook context. A basic Python background is interesting however not compulsory.
- Language: the webinars was presented in English
Review the recording of our webinar 'Simplifying EO data processing with openEO' or share it with your network.
- https://openeo.org: here you find info about the openEO API specification, the documentation of the official pre-defined processes, listing of backends, client libraries and other parts of the openEO ecosystem
- https://github.com/Open-EO/: Open Source development happens in the openEO organization on GitHub. Feel free to join the community, submit bug reports, feature request or contribute pull requests
- https://open-eo.github.io/openeo-python-client/: to access in-depth documentation of the openEO Python Client Library
- https://docs.terrascope.be/#/Developers/WebServices/OpenEO/OpenEO: documentation about using openEO on Terrascope